Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Hello~ This is another post before I study for my exam tomorrow (TOMORROW!!!!) and I wanna talk about the SMRT train breakdown yesterday. I wasn't affected by it but a lot of people are, working adults, students, blahblahblah. Then I saw this article being shared on FB which is a letter written to TRS by a poly student who missed his exam due to the train breakdown and how he had to retake the make up exam which is a lot harder than the actual exam paper. When the comment section had a lot of fire and if anyone attempted to put a little water (to say something a little forgiving towards SMRT), they end up getting flamed by at least 10 other netizens. It's like a freaking online war zone.

First of all, RP kid, why, I mean, WHY WOULD YOU WRITE TO TRS? WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? You could have written an open letter, made it public on your facebook (and having tons of your peers sharing your letter on their page), send it to SMRT directly but you are just like "Ok, I'm gonna go right at the wrong place to shoot about SMRT because I'm so smart and I want everyone who is against SMRT to know about it and come and get angry with me hahaha" I'm not saying that SMRT is faultless for the train breakdown but come on they couldn't really have purposely chosen that exact timing so you can miss your exam right? Really, you want to go into politics to change it? Why don't you become the CEO of SMRT instead ya? I'm not gonna try asking why you stood at the train station for so long when you can try and look for alternative routes to school because if I were you, desperate and all to get to my exam on time, I would have look the hell up on alternative routes even if it means changing 10 buses before getting to school. Oh and if you have financial difficulties, I suggest that you get student concessions because they are absolute life savers.
So after that, the war zone-ish comment section, people complaining about how SMRT claimed that "77 trains = getting home sooner", well so they have been busy buying new trains so that they can hopefully provide better service stuck-up people like you all. And someone (whom I find really smart), said that the breakdowns are happening because everyone gave them a lot of pressure but not time (because world class transport mah) so they just keep buying trains and not fix the current ones so more trains get stucked when an old train breaks down means it takes longer for services to restart. And then all you guys do is complain that "SMRT is like the largest transport company, it's almost a monopoly (except it's a duopoly with SBS) so we cannot help it right? Must take the buses and trains everyday so all we do is complain lor."
Then there was one person who said that the services have been running decently for 99% of the time. I've got to disagree with that too. Because 99% is too high a percentage. More like a reasonable 80-90%? But come on, people HAVE to disagree with it because the number is simply too high right? So someone said "I think it's more like the reversed" Oh really? Dude, if trains function 1% of the time and break down 99% of the time, you would have spend an entire week to get to and fro work (or not because you would have been jobless, haha) because all you do is probably sit inside the train and use your phone to complain complain complain.
Yea, so I take the bus often and I've got to admit that I always complain about the buses taking too long to come, but really, I am not the most patient person in the world and if I wait for more than 10 minutes for a bus, I go CRAAAZY (I think I'm learning to be more and more patient now so shut up, I'm improving). My longest waiting time is like an hour. Really. Train takers, if you ever wait for a train for an hour on a non-breakdown day, I give you all the rights to tear down SMRT cyber-ly yup, but it's definitely not possible. So you there, shut up.

So you guys sit down and complain and complain and complain, flame at people who pitied SMRT the slightest, met at Hong Lim Park to spit on your EZ-Link cards (and obviously clean it so that you can take the public transport home from this little gathering). You know what I really suggest to do if you want to show SMRT who's the boss and who can bring them down? The following:

1. Don't, I repeat, DON'T take the public transport. At all. I'm serious. Show them that if you can choose to not take the only choice you have. Walk, go out early, ride a bicycle or hitch a ride or something. Just don't use the public transport. I tell you they will panic. But people living in Singapore are not the most cooperative people in the world and they like sleeping in so this will not work. But if a day ever comes, like the cook a pot of curry day, I am going to be the first person in line to sign my name and be totally assured that I will buy a bike and ride it to school. I'm waiting.

2. Be totally rich and set up a rival transport company. I used to have this idea that I will set up a bus company when I was in secondary school because they take so freaking long to come. (Ok the government might put a stop to this but it's going to be worth a try right?) Or you can set up secret transport services that everyone knows about except the government.

Yep, this is an end to the post which I had to blog about because I was so pissed by the RP kid who sent a letter to the wrong place. I wish myself all the good luck for my exam tomorrow and not so much for your supposedly-extremely-difficult make up exam, you think they will make it easier since so many other students were late due to train faults?

No comments:

Post a Comment