Monday, 17 February 2014

Sorry about the double post today but I cannot stand it. This is a rage post about mothers who like to wrongly accuse their child(ren) of things that they may not have done but their siblings did. If you love your mother a lot and she doesn't accuse you wrongly EVER, you can skip this post.

Much as we love our mothers, sometimes they start sprouting wrong stuff to their friends. Like about 30 mins ago, my mum was complaining to me how my brother is wasting her time by showering because she wants to put the clothes she soaked earlier this morning into the washing machine (the clothes are being soaked in the toilet), like couldn't we (note how the accusation is so subtle here) bathe at 9 plus before she comes home from her daily jog??!!!!?!?!?!
So because I am such a nice daughter and she was complaining, I decided to go out later (since studying for exam is free and easy) and let my mum do her laundry first. But when my brother came out of the bathroom, my mum was on the phone. 'Ok', I thought to myself, 'I'm still not going to bathe because she might hang up the moment I step into the toilet and she'll go off again.'
BOY, BUT HOW WRONG AM I, she started to talk about how her children hogging the toilet all the time. So I got pissed because here I am letting her go first, delaying my schedule but she decided to talk on the phone with a friend, conveniently grouping ALL her children as a irresponsible, don't listen to their mum bunch of kids. Excuse me? So I stepped out to clarify that I am letting her go first and because she's on the phone and couldn't bear not to talk to her friend, she was like "You can go and bathe first what." SO I got even pissed off (but didn't say anything) because if she wasn't on the phone, she would bloody scold me if I even dared to ask if I can bathe first then she do the laundry.

To all of you, future parents, do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever lump your children as a bunch together if it is only one of them who are doing it wrong. Do not scold the child who is the only one at home, who did everything (like folding her clothes before the huge mountain of clothes on the sofa appeared), when her siblings are the one who are guilty of not doing it, just because it's convenient. I'm not saying you cannot gossip about your children on the phone with your friends but do get your facts right, because I haven't hog the toilet when you wanted to put the clothes in the washing machine for a long time and I am the one who always folds her clothes, yet get scolded because it's so convenient to pick on the one who is at home. Your child will be terribly upset when you wrongly accuse him/her, it seems a small matter to you, but it's a big matter to the child (like now, my mum is just very casual, no idea that I'm still a little pissed at her). Try and appreciate the child who is doing things right (TELL HIM/HER). Don't just say out the stuff that he/she did not do / did wrongly because they'll resort to writing it out on a blog post like what I'm doing.

But ultimately, to end this post, thanks mum for doing the laundry so I can fold my clothes and then get scolded for not folding my clothes even though I did fold my clothes. I know you're human and you make mistakes but stop saying that I never fold my clothes when usually I did less than an hour ago and the only pile of clothes left is my sister's (lol).
I'm a human too so don't judge me and I did appreciate my parents on the Happy New Yearrrrr post, I think I should do it more too.

(my future children, if you ever stumble upon this and I am doing complaining thing to you, I give you permission to wave this post in front of my face. unless you're on a laptop, I forbid you to wave a laptop in front of my face, tablet or phone is fine. oh and also unless, you really did something wrong so you need to reflect on your action.)

now time to get out of the house and study

No comments:

Post a Comment