Monday, 17 February 2014

Helloooo, haven't done a post since almost a week ago. So here's what happened in the past week:
- Finished presentations
- Handing up report
- Handing another report
- Handing yet another report
- Eating + going in the arcade on Valentine's Day with me friends
- Looking at me friends shop for make up ('cause I didn't bring enough money to buy lol)
- BP alumni dance prac 1! (not gonna do chinese dance so I'm quite sad. sigh)
- Watched a lot of movies for the first time (Mulan, Brave, Mean Girls, The Sound of Music, The Parent Trap and The Princess Diaries)

So it's time to start studying for my exam 'cause the date of my exam is quite near eh. And we're supposed to read through everything to secure more marks. Gonna start todayy and maybe for a section or two, I'll stop and watch some movie and study and watch and study and watch because I think it works best for me.

So to elaborate (not really) on the Sound of Music, I finally watched the full thing since in primary school they always showed bits and pieces of it.
And here are some facts about the movie complied by me:
- I realised a lot of familiar songs are from the film, no wonder they always play it in music lessons. (Do-Re-Mi, Edelweiss, Sixteen going on Seventeen, My Favourite Things, The Lonely Goatherd)

- Liesl (starred by Charmain Carr) is shooooo prettyyyyyyyyyyyy
- Rolfe (supposed to be Liesl's boyfriend or something) is a stupid dude who betrayed her (and the family) trust, so saddddd.

I am sixteen going on seventeen, innocent as a rose
Look at her and tell me she's not pretty eh

And then when she and Rolfe just start doing the bench jumping thing, it's like my most favourite part of everything. But afterwards, it got a little long and repetitive but it's quite funny to watch so it's ok.

 And this part, she started dancing on her own was quite funny (obviously thinking of Rolfe lah)

 But if only Rolfe didn't become a Nazi dude then they would have been together. So sorry about that, Liesl.

- The von Trapp children look quite nice too, except Louisa (oops)

 - Captain von Trapp is veh handsome

- The soften effect when they closeup on someone's face is a little over, making it a little irritating but it's a 1965 film for goodness sake, stop being so picky Shi Ling.

- Captain von Trapp changed his heart very quickly ah. He called off the engagement with the baroness so quickly when they (probably) knew each other longer than he and Fraulein Maria did.

- The last part at the Salzburg Music Festival (is this the correct name) (the reason why I wanted to watch 'cause I don't know and don't understand why they're running away, the school never showed any of the 'Heil, Hitler' parts), I was so bloody worried for them.
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodnight

Ok, so I'm mostly done after watching this part, 'cause I get a little panicky for their safety (they are obviously safe, I mean they are the leads of the show right) and then that's when stupid Rolfe put them in danger. Grrrr.

But I do like this part where the nuns are quite funny (and rightfully mean to the military guys)
Nun 1 (sorry I forgot their names): Reverend Mother. I have sinned.
Nun 2: I, too, Reverend Mother.
Reverend Mother: What is this sin, my children?
*gravely, they pulled out car engines part*

Ok so it is time to stop talking about movies and (try to study) but I think sixteen going on seventeen will be stuck in head for a while. YOU SHALL TOO, MUAHAHAHA

Should try to let it go, LET IT GOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment