Saturday, 28 June 2014

After a break of a month and 10 days, I have decided to come back and write some stuff so my non-existent readers can catch up on my life. And also I'm having this illusion that I have some spare time because it is the holidays.

Things that happened (and that I remembered, with additional help from my phone pictures):
- Capstone (or more commonly known as Final Year Project)
- Did a lot of acroyoga during D3 classes (semi wet grass though D:)
- Capstone
- My birthday
- Visit to help out at a soup kitchen
- Ate at Watami
- Went for a cousin's wedding (and discover some interesting stuff)
- More capstone
- Discovering funny videos (or sounds, rather)
- Super24 (omg omg OMGGGG)
- Loft stay during S24 period
- Mum's birthday (went to eat at brotzeit)
- D3 Camp 2014 (DIVERGENT) :D

CAPSTONE
- Like that lor. Very busy. Busy busy. But our idea was given the green light by client so all's good. :D

ACROYOGA
Some cool stuff that we did because Kay wanted to let us have a break from super-stressful-choreo-aside-from-S24.

Was the photographer for the first week because my wrist was being annoying. But I got to do some stuff in the second week because my wrist was better and it's back stuff. and I like back stuff because I feel like my back is the most flexible (and therefore more daring to show off too).

Third week was just too intense and I didn't care to do much stuff so nah.

BIRTHDAY
Ate at Ichiban the day before with ma family (without the sister because she was in Europe)
 Lighting wasn't good so only got picture of sashimi

Annnnddd on the actual day itself, the VTTs stuffed the table drawer full of snacks and Elysa asked me to go open the drawer "to get her a marker" during a relatively serious discussion about capstone. Then they sang Happy Birthday and I responded by throwing a marker at Elysa.

The hobos bought me a cheesecake and celebrated before S24 prac started. Pearly got me a thick book supposedly full of lame jokes but I haven't got time to read it yet. And the wrapper is so cute hehehe
 Honestly, I am so touched because they didn't have to do anything but they did it anyway. So grateful for these bunch of friendzzzzzz. :')

HELPING OUT AT SOUP KITCHEN
Peeling onions, chopping onions, plucking chilli stalks, chopping veggies. For our YEP post-trip activity where our in-charges totally (abandon us and) didn't appear :( It was pretty interesting to go around and help. And I had this onion soup craving for the next few days because my fingers smell like onions (shout out to all the people who can cut onions thinly)

EATING AT WATAMI
Just eat lor with the sis and the dad. They fought in the car on the way there and I was 90% ready to open the car door and leave ugh. But everything became ok when the food came. Nom nom nom (sucks when sis got dad's strong-headed genes but they think differently so they usually have screaming matches AND IT TOTALLY SUCKED THAT DAY CUS I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE AND I HAVE TO LISTEN TO ALL THEIR RUBBISH)
 Wasn't too stuffed because it was all shared so I'm actually pretty happy with the meal. MINUS THE PRE-MEAL FIGHTING >:(
COUSIN'S WEDDING
More nom noms. And dressing nice. And awkward chats with relatives. And them not recognising me.
I think it looks like there's filter. But there's not. Hehe

 FUNNY SOUNDS/VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE.
Discovered it during a lecture. Always laughed about 5 minutes straight. Showed it to some people during the camp and we laughed for about 10 mins. HAHAHA
 

 And then we found another one. It's not as funny but we were laughing like crazy so it's damn funny.

SUPER 24
没有话讲。Show picture 就可以了  :')))))))
 I don't know why I'm grabbing Loretta's arm so happily though

Almost didn't join the competition. But I'm sososososososo glad that I gave up searching for a job and joined instead. Training wasn't easy but we did it. Thankful for all the judges' decisions because we actually tie scores on the first round with Major Crew and then on the second round with AON and everyone for working so hard. Thank you thank you thank you.

LOFT STAY
It was damn fun because everyone had their funny moments. Like my "The cold very floor" and "The hotter very water." And gossip sessions. And supermarket shopping. And the less fun part like staying up till 4am to do my assignment.

MAMA'S BIRTHDAY
Was on day 1 of the camp so we went to eat on Sunday instead. Always wanted to try brotzeit and I finally did! (And my siblings were in total amazement because I voluntarily said I wanted beer. But I was thinking heck it, it's a German restaurant so lai lah)
Meet my mum, the alcoholic. Nah, kidding.
And meet the food we ate too.

D3 CAMP 2014 - DIVERGENT
So what else to say. Camp lor. Hahaha. Every year, I hold a different role. Participant, organiser, facilitator. And I got to say the facilitators are the most under-appreciated. They run around everywhere to do things but the freshies don't really see that.
But I got my moment of fame when they wanted to show the bloopers of the video annnddd I was up there. With tiny eyes. Doing weird stuff. :(

But interesting things that happened:
- my selfie skill is very lousy (which helps in my station so that's good)
- Turtle henna
- there is another Shi Ling in D3 now (she won best camper and I'm kinda proud. Like we-have-the-same-name pride)
- too many people snore (including myself)
- I am a Divergent (with 13 other people and the comm so the shirt is kinda only applicable to us MUAHAHA)
- a lot of walking around
- Mark's epic response to Collin when he found that he was a divergent
- the divergents winning the 'war game'
- greaaaaat Day 2 food
- watching Frozen during dinner HAHAHA 

This post is way too long so I'm not gonna check for grammar or spelling errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment